Thursday, May 17, 2007

Zaphod, you made me love you. . .


I've proven my own philosophy, I suppose. Your humble correspondent has been humbled.

Things are still good, but I'm awake again. Like a two bit celebrity who begins to believe his own press. I began to feel endowed with something almost like luck. Despite that I've always asserted that you can be lucky at a specific time, but you cannot be lucky, or unlucky, in general.

Things have been working out so well that I began to have some weird sense of lower case faith that everything would work out just fine. It was as if Zaphod Beeblebrox's Improbability Drive had come to life. Even the most remotely implausible possibilities were coming true in my life. It was GREAT! I began to rely on it.

I am really enjoying the work I am doing as a Boat Broker. It makes absolutely no sense for me to be doing this job. I don't make any money unless I sell a boat and it will take some time to do so. My funds are running low. I am OK for a time, but I've begun to look at a longer horizon and the trend is not good. BUT I love it; it is very natural and comfortable for me.

I've kept up the job hunt, but the economy up here is tougher than I imagined. What I am really trying to do this week is find some part time work at night so that I can keep selling boats too. I'm waiting to see what effect gas prices might have. We are selling expensive used boats. Gas cost may well not affect sales much.

I am fully committed to heading south on the boat. There is enough boat work to do, some of it expensive, that I am not sure I will make it this fall. Worst Case Scenario is that I have to winter over in Bay City and leave next year. Things are still good. A bad day in Bay City still beats a good day in the Grind. I just have a more mature outlook on my own situation today. That can't be bad. Have Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Character Sketches from the Road

I had stumbled back to truckdriving just before Christmas last year. The engine on my sv Ruth Ann was kaput and I needed to raise the funds ...